The Opening Drill® is an extremely effective tool designed to enlarge existing holes. It is available in six different shank styles: straight; ABS 63; Cat V40/V50; HSK 63A/C /100A/C; BT 40/BT50 and DV50.
Features and Benefits
- Opens an existing hole in a single operation
- The Allied Opening Drill® ignores core shifts up to 1/8" (3.175mm) providing straight and true holes without boring
- The Allied Opening Drill® allows for large amounts of material removal
- Unique design enables larger holes to be made on low horsepower machines
- Multi-insert design reduces chip size for easy chip evacuation
- Smooth cutting action and quiet operation in lathes and mills
- Can be used as a rotating or stationary tool
- The Allied Opening Drill® can be used in rough boring operations
- Replaceable cartridge protects your investment
- Adjustable diameters reduce inventory and cost
- Special lengths, diameters, and shanks available upon request
View the updated Opening Drill product offering!