A contract manufacturing company is producing automotive airbag components. They use a bar fed Miyano CNC lathe with 200 PSI coolant through the tool. They are machining an actuator component made of low carbon steel.
- An indexable drill
- A rough boring tool
- A finish boring tool
The customer needed to reduce costs in order to continue their contract, so they asked Allied to improve their production.
Allied recommended a combination of the GEN2 T-A and EcoCut.
- GEN2 T-A (insert item 4C10H-0017)
- EcoCut (holder item EC 12R-3.0D 06 H-E and GM40 grade insert item XCNT 060202EN)
The solution achieved the customer’s goal.
- Eliminated one tool in the process
- Reduced tooling costs by 36%
- Saved $0.24 per part
- Costs savings of $4,761.49 per 20,000 holes